15.7.13

Day 193

We tried a new place in Ann Arbor for brunch yesterday, and it did not disappoint.  Grange Kitchen and Bar is located downtown, a pretty cool area but a pain in the neck to park in as there are always lots of people and the entire city is under construction.  (It is Ann Arbor, so I guess I should expect it to be a pain in the neck.  HA!) 
This restaurant prides itself in sourcing from area producers, so the hippie food tyrant (I've been called worse.) in me was satisfied.  Really, I'm just as tired as everyone else of all the "buzzwords", but if we hadn't screwed up our food system so badly, we wouldn't have to worry about where our food came from, and we could all just relax and eat.  Ok, I'm done.  For now.

 Duck fat fries with aoili.  Some of the best potatoes I've had in a long time.  They disappeared in short order.

 Duck confit poutine with eggs.  Delicious, but a little skimpy on the cheese.  Also, I attribute my decision to order more potatoes to my extreme level of fatigue at the time.  Oof.

Brioche French toast with maple syrup and rhubarb compote.  Hannah decided she didn't like rhubarb (Crazy!), but she liked the toast.  And her side of sausage.  I happily ate her rhubarb for her.

A tasty meal, all washed down with freshly squeezed orange juice and accompanied by good service.  Next time I'm in the area, I will definitely eat here again.  But I might hire a driver...

No comments: