27.2.13

Day 58: Frustration: It's What's for Dinner!

There are days where my frustration level in the kitchen gets so high that I want to go all Office Space on the whole room.  I have these images in my head of how things will turn out, only to be bitch-slapped by the reality of my culinary shortcomings.  Grrrrr....It all started when I decided to make these homemade candy bars from Hedy Goldsmith's delightful cookbook.  Of course, I didn't take the sugar to it's happy amber colored place, so my "caramel" looks like....I don't know.


And this is how they turned out.  I also used dark chocolate, as I had no milk chocolate.  Now I know.  Take the sugar farther.  Still edible, but not right.  Grrrrr......

I also tried a fun little snack, salt & vinegar chickpeas.  I burned them.  Grrrrrrr.....

So, let's move on the pastry!  Yeah!  Great idea!  I decided to make some savory pies with chicken, peach, onion, and chipotle.  My dough was too dry, so this kept happening:
I had to do some serious patchwork.  Grrrrrr....

Anyway, they turned out ok in the end.  We were able to have dinner and dessert, and I have pies for the freezer.  Sigh.  Tomorrow's a new day.  


No comments: