24.2.13

Day 55: Raison d'être

I am fully aware that there are a number of people in my circles of life that think my seeming obsession with food is extraordinarily ridiculous.  There are those who don't give food a second thought; it is just something to throw in your giant maw to make your stomach stop talking.  Here's what it all boils down to for me: stewardship and creativity. 
 I want to make sure I am doing my best at cherishing the gifts we've been given.  I want to support groups, individuals, and businesses that are striving to be good stewards.
And, being a creative type, I have chosen food as my medium.  I can't act, or paint, or draw.  I can sing, but I didn't compose the music I perform.  Food is great.  It's consumable.  I can share it with others.  There's a relatively short turn-around on gratification, both gustatorily and artistically, which satisfies my toddler-like attention span.
There you have it.  My reason to creatively be, in amuse-bouche form.

No comments: