2.6.13

Day 153: A Few of Her Favorite Things

Sometimes, it is really hard to be a nine-year-old.  Mom and Dad are constantly on your case: clean up, pay attention, take the dog out, clean up, pay attention, finish your math, practice piano, go take the dog for a run, pay attention, work harder, change your attitude, change your underwear, be respectful, clean up, DO BETTER!!!

My dear, beautiful daughter, we love you.  We love you more than anything, to the moon and back.  That's why we push...

There are times when I realize that I am pushing too hard, that maybe I'm expecting a little too much.  A perfectionist trying to raise a highly dramatic perfectionist can sometimes spell disaster!

Sometimes as parents we just need to pause and take a reflective look at the amazing body of work our children have accumulated.  Our sweet daughter has accomplished so much.  She is a musician, a scholar, and a budding athlete.  She is full of life, full of emotion, and full of fun.  She makes me cry out of frustration and exasperation, but she also makes me shed tears of joy and pride.  I laugh at her antics, at the funny things she says.

She is always on my mind.  Even at the grocery store, and later the kitchen, where I subconsciously put together a meal of three of her favorite foods: rice, corn-on-the cob, and oh my goodness, is that PINK shrimp?!  Yes, yes it is.  

I love you precious girl.  I always will.

Coconut milk steamed Basmati rice with cilantro and lime zest, wild American shrimp in garlic, butter, and lime juice, corn-on-the-cob.

No comments: