2.10.13

Day 261: Small Strides

I have not always been a big Panera fan, and often found myself choosing to eat there out of convenience more than anything. But through this year I have noticed a small but steady improvement in the quality, and sourcing, of their food. As a company, they seem to be making a concerted effort to source their ingredients more wisely, choosing organic and hormone and pesticide-free. I really hope they continue down this road, maybe even taking the bold steps (akin to a company like Chipotle) needed to source even more sustainably and locally.

The other day I tried their new roasted turkey and wheat berry salad (with feta instead of bleu, of course) and the squash soup. Both were fairly tasty, and while they could be taken even further on flavor by sourcing even better ingredients, it was a decent meal.

No comments: