28.8.13

Day 234: Old-School Comfort Food

I had a couple pounds of Innisfree ground beef hanging out in the fridge, waiting for me to make something.  I have been really bad about cooking lately, mainly because I am spending lots of hours in the kitchen preserving and baking.  So when it comes time for dinner, I am done.  I love to cook, but after standing at the stove getting splattered by liquid hot magma preserves, I really have a hard time getting motivated to bust out a pan and cook something.  
I did manage to put that beef to use though.  A blast from the past: Sloppy Joes.  

Dressed just how I used to eat them: A very toasty bun (I can't tolerate soggy things), a slice of cheese, a mound of beef, and chips for crunch.  There.  I cooked.  Now to process those pounds of peaches languishing in the fridge...

No comments: